We are looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer to lead supplier quality activities throughout the project lifecycle from supplier nomination and through the Advanced Product Quality Planning Process (APQP) during the pre-production phases, including Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) sign off and into the Production assembly phase.
• Responsible for quality performance across a portfolio of suppliers and commodities.
• Lead resolution of critical supplier quality, capability or capacity concerns.
• Ensure containment for supplier related quality issues.
• Work with suppliers to complete robust root cause analysis and implement permanent corrective actions.
• Remote and onsite visits with suppliers to build relationships, identify root cause and verify corrective actions.
• Drive resolution to supplier escapes and prevent re-occurrence.
• Ensure critical non-conformances are actioned through 8D’s and other problem solving tools.
• Audit new suppliers and support the supplier onboarding process.
• Work with the SQA Team Leader to identify suppliers that require development and work with the supplier on an improvement plan.
• Understand supplier capability and advise the business on supplier selection.
• Enforce the Cosworth PPAP requirements and approve PPAP submissions for supplier portfolio.
• Substantial experience (at least 5 years) as a Supplier Quality Engineer in a similar manufacturing environment.
• Solid understanding of the interpretation of Engineering Drawings, GD&T & Quality Standards.
• IT literate.
• Understanding of Automotive APQP and PPAP processes.
• Understanding of quality tools and techniques, SPC, 8D, problem solving and reporting.
• Knowledge and experience with engine components, high precision machining.
• Knowledge of castings, composites or other specialist manufacturing technologies.
• Ability to communicate with and influence all levels within the business and suppliers.
• Must cope well with pressure situations, able to understand priorities and act decisively.
• Highly motivated self starter, able to use their drive and experience to contribute to the improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the supplier quality team.